HMS Registrar

Laurie Denny



NEW to GCISD Student Registration 2021-22 School Year
Registration Opens Monday, May 12th

Students entering GCISD need to complete the enrollment forms (link below) in Skyward and must be done prior to a student starting school. To complete the enrollment process families upload the required documents directly into Skyward. Below is the list of documents you will need to complete registration.
Please upload the following documents into Skyward:


  • Proof of Residency: (one of the following) Lease, Mortgage, or TAD statement
  • Current Utility bill: (one of the following) Gas/Electric/Water - Physical address – post office boxes and cable bills are not accepted
  • Parent/Guardian’s Government issued photo identification


  • Vaccination Records – Please verify requirements. Incomplete shot records could hold up the student’s attendance.
  • Copy of Birth Certificate
  • Copy of Social Security Card
  • Last or most recent Report Card: The counselors need to see what classes and programs a student has taken or completed.
  • Special Programs documentation showing the student is/was in AP, a 504 program,
  • Dual Language Arts, ESL, etc.
  • Any Critical Information (Legal or health needs: food allergies, EpiPen, custody, etc.)
  • Withdrawal Form from previous school: If you do not have this please contact your previous school and ask them to email this form to your campus registrar.

 Once the student’s application has been processed and approved you will receive an email with a welcome packet ~ more information to come
New Registration Link


Returning GCISD Student Registration

The 21-22 Registration for current GCISD students will OPEN May 3rd. This is a big change from previous years. Parents will need to complete the returning student

registration by May 21.

We will update this information as it becomes available.


GCISD Student Transfers

The general student transfer application window for the 2021-2022 school year 

will open again on Monday, July 19,2021 thru Friday, July 23rd 2021

All students (including employee students) must apply for a transfer if they desire

 to attend a campus other than their zoned campus and/or when a current transfer student is moving from the following grades/campuses:

  • Pre-K to Kindergarten

    Elementary school to middle school

    Middle school to high school

Students who are already approved on a transfer and are not moving to the next 

transition level do NOT need to submit a transfer request. For more information and to complete an online application click link below

Link for Transfer application



Moving over the Summer Break?

If you move but are still in the GCISD attendance zone 

please email your student’s campus registrar with the new 

address and attach 2 documents to verify the change.
One of the following from each section

1: Lease, Mortgage or TAD statement

2: Current Utility Bill - Water/Gas/Electric - we can not except cable bill

Moving out of the GCISD attendance zone

1: If school is still in session, but you know you will be moving over the Summer; 

then please email your campuses Registrar and they will help you complete the Withdrawal Process as well as get the student’s technology (Chromebook & charger

checked back in at the end of the school year.

2: If we are on Summer break…

Please check back; there will be Summer Withdrawal information released 

closer to the Summer break.

*** Please note: Technology (Chromebook & Charge), and similar items are the property of the district and need to be returned in order to complete your withdrawal. All items not returned are subject to fines and fees.




Enrollment Help/Tips Video

~Enrolling a child online through Skyward Family Access


Tips & Tricks Videos

~Skyward Family and Student Access:


~Skyward Resource Toolkits: